Deliciously - Easy Brownies
These brownies are delicious, moist, fudgey yet healthy at the same time. They are great for a dessert or snack!
- 100g dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained
- 50g raw cacao powder
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g yoghurt of choice ( I like coyo, sheeps yoghurt, almond yoghurt)
- 125g of wholegrain spelt flour or wholegrain flour of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml almond milk
- 100ml maple syrup, plus extra for topping
Preheat the oven to 180*c.
Add the dates and a drop of boiling water to a food processor/blender and blend for a few seconds. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin. Place into the oven for 25 minutes. Take out and poke a few holes into the brownies drizzle with 3-4 tsp of maple syrup.
Leave to cool and enjoy!
These can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days
- Cacao powder is super high in antioxidants, iron, calcium, magnesium and many more nutrients.
- Maple syrup and dates are a good alternative to processed and refined sugar.
- Wholegrain flour is a much better choice than processed white flour.
If you give this a go let me know! Tag me in your photos on instagram @dancingfoody and #dancingfoody.