Buckwheat Pancakes with Caramelised Banana Bites
Who doesn't love pancakes? These ones are bloomin' delicious, definitely the best I have ever had, an earthy stack topped with sweet caramelised banana bites, creamy yoghurt and fresh pops of berries. It doesn't get much better than this. To make these EVEN better, they are nutrient packed, see below for some deets.
For The Pancakes:
- 2 flax eggs* or eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 150ml almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Large handful blueberries
- Coconut, sheep’s or Greek yoghurt, fresh berries and maple syrup, to serve
For the Caramelised Banana Bites:
- 1 Banana, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the pancakes, blend together all the ingredients, bar the blueberries in a blender. Stir in the blueberries. Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan , add 2 tablespoons of the pancake mix (or 1 heaped one for smaller pancakes, like the photo) for each pancake, cook on medium heat until bubbles start to appear (about 1 minute each side), then flip over. Add to your plates
For the caramelised banana, heat up the same frying pan and add the coconut oil, banana, maple and cinnamon. Fry for a minutes or two, flipping the pieces around.
Top the pancakes with the banana, some yoghurt, berries and maple syrup, enjoy!
* Flax eggs = mix two tbsp milled flax seeds with 5 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Buckwheat is a complete protein, meaning it has all the essential amino acids needed for your body. It is also a great source of manganese
- Bananas are full of dietary fibre, potassium and healthy carbs.
- Bluebs are packed with antioxidants, hello glowing skin!
If you give this a go let me know! Tag me in your photos on instagram @dancingfoody and #dancingfoody.