Buckwheat & Nut Granola
Yoghurt and granola is the perfect summer breakfast, top it with some fresh fruit and your good to go!
Store-bought granola's are often packed with refined sugar and other processed junk so I created one using little ingredients but containing many nutrients. I love this granola with some yoghurt or almond milk and fresh berries. You will be dreaming about your breakfast all day.
Makes 1 Large Jar;
- 250g oats
- 250g buckwheat
- 200g chopped/flaked nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts etc.)
- 50g seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, chia etc.)
- 25g coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 120g maple syrup
- 65g coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g dried fruit (mango, dates, banana etc.)
Preheat the oven to 150*c. In a large bowl mix together the oats, buckwheat, nuts, seeds and cinnamon. In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Stir the wet mix into the dry. Pour the mixture onto a large baking tray and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, shaking every 15 minutes. Stir through the dried fruit. Keep in a large jar or container for up to a month.
- Buckwheat is a complete protein meaning it contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- Nuts and seeds are packed with protein, healthy fats and vitamins.
- Oats are a great source of a complex carbohydrate, which have a slow release of energy to keep you pumped and going.
If you give this a go let me know! Tag me in your photos on instagram @dancingfoody and #dancingfoody.