Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan and Nut Free)
Healthy chocolate chip cookies? Yes please! These cookies are filled with wholesome ingredients, that will nourish your body and nurture your heart.
They taste the same (if not better) than the traditional cookies that are filled with refined sugar, flour and more. These cookies happen to be vegan and refined sugar free.
Crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle, the perfect cookie.
Amazing dunked in some milk (almond is my fave) or some herbal tea.
Makes 10 cookies
- 1 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 3 tbsp water
- 175g maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 40g coconut oil, softened but not liquid
- 100g spelt flour
- 100g oat flour (oats blended into a flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- large handful of chopped dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 180*c. Line a baking tray with non- stick baking paper.
Mix the milled flax seeds and water in a small bowl and leave for 5 minutes to thicken.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flax seed mix, maple syrup, vanilla essence and coconut oil. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Shape into 12 cookies on the baking paper. Put into the oven for 17-20 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Flax seeds are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, fibre, protein an many more goodies.
- Oats contain beta-glucans which can help improve immune system defense.
- Oats are full of manganese, fiber, phosphorus and more.
- Spelt flour is much less processed than plain white flour.
- Maple syrup is an unrefined natural sweetener.
If you give these a go let me know! Tag me in your photos on instagram @dancingfoody and #dancingfoody.