Blueberry Banana Bread
Looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to your regular banana bread? Well here is your answer.
This banana bread is the perfect snack to have with some tea, or to have for breakfast with some nut butter or normal butter if you prefer. Be sure to toast this and your snack game will be elevated!
Makes 1 Small Loaf
- 150g Buckwheat or Spelt flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed with a fork
- 2 eggs/ Flax eggs* for vegans
- 100g Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 100g Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbs almond milk or milk of preference
Preheat the oven to 190*C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper
In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the mashed bananas, maple syrup, real eggs or flax eggs, vanilla and vanilla essence. Mix well. Fold in the blueberries and almond milk. Pour the mixture into the tin. Put in the oven for 45 minutes. Leave to cool and enjoy!
* For the flax eggs, mix 2 tbs of milled flax seeds with 4 tbs of water, leave to sit for 10 minutes until it thickens a bit.
If you give this a go let me know! Tag me in your photos on instagram @dancingfoody and #dancingfoody.
- Banana's are full of potassium, fibre, antioxidants and more.
- Buckwheat is full of antioxidants, fibre and nutrients.
- Buckwheat is a complete source of protein which means it contains all nine essential amino acids mostly only found in animal protein.
- Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, they are great for glowing skin.