The Ultimate Veggie Sambo
ITS SAMBO TIME! This is definitely the most delicious sandwich I have made in a long time.
Even though I am not a huge fan of sandwiches, I can't say no to this one. It has the tasty creaminess from the avocado and hummus as well as the satisfying crunch of the raw veg.
So go ahead, take 2 mins to throw this together and enjoy.
- 2 slices of bread of choice, preferably a wholemeal/sourdough one (I love rye sourdough)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and smashed
- 2 tbsp hummus (homemade or store bought)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrot, sliced or ribboned
- pinch smoked paprika
- squeeze or lime or lemon (optional for some zing)
Toast your bread to your liking. Spread on the hummus and avo to one slice. Layer up the rest of the ingredients. Close your sandwich and demolish.