My Go-To Porridge Recipe
If you follow me on insta, you will know that I LOVE my smoothie bowls. However, sometimes on freezing cold school mornings, porridge is the perfect warming brekkie.
I love making my porridge into zoats (adding grated zucchini). It adds heaps of volume and you can't taste it.
You can play around with all the spices, adding or taking away what you like.
- 50g oats, soaked in 125ml water overnight (makes them so creamy)
- 1/4-1/2 zucchini, grated (optional)
- 125-150ml almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- Toppings of choice; nut butter, berries, banana, yoghurt, granola etc
Add the soaked oats, zucchini, almond milk and spices to a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat, stirring often. Once they start to bubble turn the heat down and stir until you have a nice creamy consistency.
Take of the heat and add in your protein, if using. Pour into a bowl and top with whatever you fancy.
- add 1/4 tsp ginger and a pinch nutmeg to the OG recipe
- add 1 tbsp cacao and a dash of maple - top with some dark choccie
- Mash 1/2 banana into the oats while cooking and top with the other half.